Cheesecake Pops

Discussioni generali riguardanti il mondo della cucina. Richieste, consigli, etica, mangiare sano, vini e bevande, etc.

Moderatore: stefiza

Cheesecake Pops

Messaggioda Royalsapphire » 03/02/2013, 20:03

Immagine

Cheesecake Pops are delicious balls of real cheesecake, covered in bright candy coating and served on a lollipop stick. You can use any flavor of baked cheesecake you like, and can substitute white or milk chocolate for the dark chocolate coating. These cheesecake pops can be playful or elegant, but they’re always delicious.

This recipe calls for a small (8-inch) cheesecake. You can use a cheesecake from the store (often found in the freezer section) or make one from scratch, but make sure it's a baked cheesecake, as most no-bake cheesecake recipes produce a cheesecake too soft in texture to hold up in these pops.

Ingredients:

8-inch cheesecake, chilled and very firm
1 lb chocolate candy coating
sprinkles, small candies or chopped nuts (to decorate)
Lollipop sticks

Preparation:

1. Prepare two baking sheets by lining them with aluminum foil or parchment. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop spoonfuls of the cheesecake onto one of the baking sheets, setting the other aside for now. If necessary, wet your hands and roll the cheesecake balls between your palms to make them fairly round.

2. Insert the lollipop sticks into the cheesecake balls. If they're too soft, freeze them for about 20 minutes until they're firm enough to skewer effectively. Place the baking tray in the freezer to freeze the balls until they are very firm, at least 2 hours.

3. Microwave the candy coating until completely smooth and melted, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent overheating. Add some shortening if necessary to produce a liquid coating that flows freely from a spoon. Set out your sprinkles or other desired toppings.

4. Remove the cheesecake pops from the freezer. Working quickly, dip a frozen cheesecake ball into the melted candy coating, making sure that all of the cheesecake is covered and that the chocolate forms a seal around the stick. With the coating still wet, roll it in the toppings of your choice or sprinkle them on. Place the completed cheesecake pop on the reserved baking sheet with clean parchment.

5. Repeat with remaining cheesecake pops and candy coating. If the coating starts to set, return it to the microwave in brief intervals until it is once again liquid and smooth.

6. Store Cheesecake Pops in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. (Note that the pops will retain their great flavor and texture, but moisture might condense on them and cause the colors of the coating or sprinkles to bleed. Therefore, if their appearance is very important, it is best to make these within 24 hours of when you plan to serve them.)

:tao: :rose: :mask: :luce: :home1:
Royalsapphire
Admin

Stato:
Occupazione: Farmacista e Counselor
Citazione: "Sii il cambiamento che vuoi vedere nel mondo" (Gandhi)
Genere: Femminile

Cheesecake Pops

Messaggioda Meiko » 06/02/2013, 15:09

Wow come devono essere sfiziosi!! Anche se io li mangerei tutti, uno tira l'altro.. gnaaaaaammmm :D

I am the keeper of my mind and body.
Wherever Love is present, fear is a stranger.
And Love is here!
cit. Kyle Gray

Se ti va, seguimi su Telegram - ShinNoWa-Armonia dell'anima -https://t.me/ShinNoWa

To know the Universe is to know Myself
To know the Myself is to know Universe
My Soul is the True and Real aspect of Myself

Claim your space and remember your Wholeness
Meiko
Amico Top Level

Stato:
Occupazione: Tecnico radiestesista e Lettrice di RA ARCI
Citazione: Sometimes the brightest light comes from the darkest places
Genere: Femminile

Torna a Chiacchiere in cucina